Thorne's Ascorbic Acid is the highest dose of vitamin C you can get in any of Thornes encapsulated vitamin C products.
Benefits of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C):
- Promotes optimal immune function*
- Important in collagen production, which enhances skin, nail, and hair health*
- Supports healthy tissue and cartilage formation, a benefit during wound healing and injury repair*
- Plays a role in phase I liver detoxification, plus its antioxidant properties help protect against the toxic effects of heavy metals*
- Helps increase glutathione, a potent antioxidant necessary for supporting phase II liver detoxification*
The benefits of collagen production, its antioxidant status, and immune support make vitamin C an important nutrient for surgery patients to support wound healing
This product is contraindicated in a individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known interactions or contraindications at publication date.
Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person. This resolves when the dosage is reduced.